We help people repair plastic
Flextex VT Starter Kit - Low VOC
Weight: 11.90 LB
Length: 14.00 IN
Height: 11.50 IN
Width: 9.50 IN
Visa, MC, American Express, Discover, PayPal
Flextex VT Starter Kit Low VOC
Flextex VT Starter Kit Low VOC
Our Flextex VT Starter Kit Low VOC has everything you need to start texturing plastics. If you have never added texture to plastic or retextured plastic and aren't sure how to get started, this kit is exactly what you need. We've already done all of the work for you. Since Polyvance introduced plastic retexturing back in the early 90s, we learned which products work the best and how to use them. The products in this kit contain all the Polyvance products that we use when we either add texture to plastic, or repair textured plastic. You see, after you repair damage to textured plastic, you will sand the plastic smooth.
The questions then, are:
- How do I get the texture back?
- What products do I need to get the job done?
Luckily, Polyvace can answer both of the questions easily. For the "How to texture?" question, Polyvance has plenty of videos you can watch to learn how to retexture plastic. And, for the "What products do I need?" question? Well, you are at the right place. The products in this kit are the exact same products we use when we retexture plastic.
Combine the knowledge you gain from watching our retexturing videos with the products in this kit and you will be retexturing plastic quickly without any hesitation or confusion whatsoever.
- No guesswork! All of the products you need are included in the kit.
- Vary the texture size by varying the ratio.
- Does not need top coating if black texture is desired.
- Low VOC allows you to use in areas with Draconian VOC laws.
- For best results, apply Flextex VT over a primer-surfacer sanded with 320 grit.
- To build texture, apply 3 to 5 light “speckle” coats, allowing flash time between coats. Move gun quickly and don’t flow out the paint. Reduce fluid flow at gun for light coats. Let dry 30 minutes if light coats are applied and 2 to 3 hours for heavier applications before top coating.
- Flextex VT may be top coated with a lacquer compatible top coat system.
- Clean spray gun immediately after use with lacquer thinner.
- 1001-4 EcoPrep Cleaner - This zero VOC cleaner cleans contaminates from the repair area. Contaminates that could cause problems later.
- 1050-A Plastic Magic - This adhesion promoter is sprayed onto the plastic prior to applying your coatings. It helps the coatings stick to the waxy, oelfin plastics from which most textured plastics are made.
- 3043-4 All Seasons Black Jack Primer Surfacer - This high build primer helps fill in sand scratches to give you a smooth surface to apply texture.
- 3804-4 Flextex VT - The spray-on texture coating is what gives the desired texture.
- 3804R-4 Flextex VT Zero VOC Reducer - This zero VOC reducer is added to the Flextex in different ratios depending on the coarsness of the texture you desire. (See below)
Use a test panel for determining the texture desired. Painting with limited amounts of reducer, larger nozzle, and low air pressure at the gun will produce the coarsest texture. For smaller textures, reduce the paint with the appropriate Flextex VT reducer.
Heavy Texture: Spray Flextex VT mixed 8:1 (paint:reducer) using a 1.8 mm spray gun at 25 psi.
Medium Texture: Spray Flextex VT mixed 3:1 (paint:reducer) using a 1.4 mm spray gun at 25 psi.
Fine Texture: Spray Flextex VT mixed 1:1 (paint:reducer) using a 1.4 mm spray gun at 25 psi.
High Resolution Image (opens in a new tab/window)
This page was created on September 15, 2022
URE3804-SK POL3804-SK URA3804-SK UR3804-SK PLY3804-SK SKU 3804-SK URT-3804-SK URT3804-SK 694687006709 3804SK US-3804-SK URE.3804-SK UPC694687006716 URE-3804-SKZ Flextex VT Starter Kit Low VOC