Plastic repair GURUS since 1981
Nitrocell Tire Adapter
Weight: 0.26 LB
Length: 9.00 IN
Height: 6.00 IN
Width: 1.00 IN
Visa, MC, American Express, Discover, PayPal
Polyvance’s Nitrocell Tire Adapter Kit enables Nitrocell owners to fill an auxiliary air tank with nitrogen to fill car tires.
The 6066-TA Kit includes the required valve, tubing, restrictor and fittings needed to divert nitrogen to a storage tank from which nitrogen can be drawn. (Air storage tank not included.)
Why fill tires with nitrogen?
The nitrogen generator creates nitrogen gas that is about 97% to 98% pure. Your tire pressures will remain more constant when you use dry nitrogen gas. Also, getting the oxygen and water vapor out of the air will help prevent your rims from corroding and/or rusting.
Features and Benefits:
- Locate the nitrogen line connecting the nitrogen generator to the plastic welder.
- Using a sharp knife or scissors, carefully cut the tubing somewhere convenient between the generator and the welder. Make sure the cut is square to ensure a leak free fit.
- Push the tube coming from the generator into the BOTTOM of the “T” valve and opposite the valve handle.
- Push the tube coming from the welder into the side of the “T” valve.
- Insert the restrictor into the straight fitting on the hose attached to the valve and into the fitting on the supplied hose.
- Install your shop’s MALE quick-connect air fitting (with female threads) (not included) onto the 1/4” threaded tube fitting on the end of the hose. This will be used to plug into your auxiliary air tank.
- With your shop air connected to the generator and your plastic welder OFF and COLD, turn the handle on the gray “T” valve so nitrogen flows to your quick-connect fitting.
- Plug the fitting into your tank and allow the tank to fill.
NOTE: This will take some time, as the restrictor prevents nitrogen from free-flowing into the tank. Without the restrictor, the purity of the nitrogen would be only marginally better than shop air, so under no circumstances should you remove, modify, or bypass the restrictor!
- When the auxiliary tank is full, turn the valve so nitrogen flows to the welder. Disconnect the hose from the auxiliary tank and use the nitrogen in the tank as needed.