Plastic repair GURUS since 1981
8201 Nitro-Fuzer Nitrogen Plastic Welder, Digital, Dual Gas, No Cart
Weight: 29.00 LB
Length: 16.50 IN
Height: 17.00 IN
Width: 16.50 IN
Visa, MC, American Express, Discover, PayPal
8201 Nitro-Fuzer® Plastic Welding System for Plastic Repair
Polyvance's 8201 Nitro-Fuzer® Plastic Welding System combines a digital nitrogen welder with a traditional airless plastic welder. By combining these welders into one package, it allows you to make nitrogen welds economically to virtually any automotive plastic. Welding with nitrogen gas creates the strongest welds possible because it eliminates oxidation of the plastic during the welding process.
The 8201 Nitro-Fuzer® is a dual gas plastic welder that can be placed on a workbench. It is designed to be used with compressed air and a nitrogen bottle to make the strongest possible welds, or it can be used with the optional Nitrocell Nitrogen Generator for a limitless supply of nitrogen.
This welder features digital encoders to precisely control the temperature of the nitrogen and airless welders. It also automatically switches from air to nitrogen when the torch is removed from the holster and automatically switches back to air when the torch is placed back into the holster. The integrated airless welding system is used for smoothing out welds and is essential for repairing thermoset polyurethane.
Unlike some competitive products, the 8201 features precision flow control so the user can match the flow and temperature to substrate types and thicknesses. The flow and temperature can be reduced to a very low point in order to weld thin, fragile substrates; something others cannot do. When welding very thick substrates, the temperature and flow can be increased greatly to allow more heat to be transferred to the weld. A flow gauge gives the welder a repeatable reference over how much gas is used in the welding process. To extend heating element lifespan, a low-pressure safety switch is incorporated into the system, shutting off the power to the heating element if the air flow drops below a safe level.
The 8201 Nitro-Fuzer® comes completely assembled and ready to go.
- Easy-to-operate, digitally encoded temperature controls.
- Holster switch provides automatic air to nitrogen switching. Remove the torch from the holster and you are using nitrogen. Replace the torch into the holster and now it is on air.
- Analog flow gauge for repeatable performance every time.
- Element protection circuitry to help prevent burning out heating elements.
- Precision flow valves on both the air and nitrogen sides.
- Compact, easy-to-handle welding torch gets into tight spots with no user fatigue.
- Quick-change hose and handle assembly.
- Easy-to-use, intuitive controls.
- Integrated airless welder control to allow for repair of thermoset PUR.
- Easily replaceable heating element.
- Make stronger repairs than with any other method.
- Profit from repairing plastic rather than replacing it.
- Make more profit by welding rather than using two-part adhesives.
- Repair tabs, mounting holes, and slots that are impossible to repair with two-part adhesives.
- Strength: Make repairs that are stronger than any two-part epoxy or hot air weld. Plastics are melted together with no oxidation to form the strongest possible plastic weld.
- Speed: Complete repairs in a fraction of the time of two-part epoxies. Typical welding speeds are 4 inches (10 cm) to 6 inches (15 cm) per minute. No waiting for cure time. Cool with water, then sand, prime, and paint.
- Versatility: Do repairs that are not possible with two-part epoxies: Mounting tabs (thick or thin), grille bars, high-stress areas, flexible tabs, and fender liners. Plus, it's not just for automobile plastics. It can be used on ATVs, boats, motorcycles, appliances, toys, etc.
- Cost Savings: An average 6 inch (15 cm) repair costs less than $2.00. You pay that much just for the mixing tips when using two-part adhesives. The same adhesive repair can cost over $30.00!
- Ease: Repairs are simple to do. Your techs already have the skill set; with the 8201 Nitrogen Welding System, they have the tools.
- Estimating Options: Gives you more flexibility in the estimating process. Save totalled vehicles. Get an edge on the competition. A bargaining tool with insurance adjusters.
- Keep Profits in Your Shop: No need to replace bumpers, headlights, and other plastic parts. Keep labor dollars in house!
- Insurance Relations: Show you are on the side of cost savings while increasing your profits at the same time. By making a QUALITY repair you become an ally of insurance adjusters, decrease cycle times, and help steer additional work to your shop.
- Create Loyal Customers: 25% of a shop’s business is customer-pay. Save customers money on small hits and they will return to your shop with the big hits.
- Blend in the Panel: Repair the damage to the bumper and blend the color in the panel. Avoid the risks and costs involved in blending into the undamaged fenders.
- Revolutionize the Repair Process: Just as polyester filler replaced lead, and the wire-fed welder replaced brazing, the nitrogen system will replace all other types of plastic repair.
- Avoid Fit Issues: Why put on an aftermarket cover when you can easily repair the OEM part?
- Plastic Use Will Continue to Grow: The amount of plastic parts on cars will continue to grow. This means ever increasing repair opportunities in the future.
- Factory Support: Plastic is what we do at Polyvance. Since 1981, we have been the leader in product development and problem solving in the plastic repair industry. We have the proven products you need from start to finish. Plastic repair doesn't have to be difficult!
Video: Intruducing the 8000 Series Nitro-Fuzer® Welders
Included Welding Rod
Contents of Welding rod organizer case
Other included welding rod.
Frequesntly Asked Questions
What is the amperage required for this welder?
The calculated amperage draw is 3.7 amps when everything is running full blast. The measured amperage draw is 2.9 amps when everything is running full blast.