We help people repair plastic
Kenworth W900 Hood Repair Kit (square)
Weight: 7.00 LB
Length: 12.00 IN
Height: 6.00 IN
Width: 10.00 IN
Visa, MC, American Express, Discover, PayPal
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to hazmat restrictions, we cannot ship this item overseas.
THIS IS IMPORTANT:
IMPORTANT NOTE: Depending on which Kenworth W900 you have, you will have either "Round" or "Square" pockets. Look at the images below to determine which Kenworth W900 kit that you need to order. The page you are on now is for the "Square" pocket. If you need the repair kit for the "Round" pocket, CLICK HERE.
Square Plug (Click image to zoom)
Round Plug (Click image to zoom)
Kenworth W900 Hood Repair Kit
Kenworth W900 Metton hoods are notorious for getting cracked or broken hood "pockets". The hood "pockets" are what hold the alignment pin in place. A new, replacement Kenworth W900 hood will set you back around $5,000. Even an aftermarket fiberglass Kenworth W900 hood can cost over $2,500. Polyvance has a less-expensive solution to repair broken Kenworth W900 hood pockets. Polyvance's "Kenworth W900 Hood Repair Kit" allows you to repair a broken Kenworth W900 hood for a fraction of the cost of a new, replacement Kenworth W900 hood. Polyvance's "Kenworth W900 Hood Repair Kit" is even cheaper than getting an aftermarket Kenworth W900 hood.
- Save thousands over the cost of a new hood.
- Repairing the hood is faster than replacing the hood.
- With the Kenworth hood repair kit, there is no need to paint the hood. Replacing the hood requires you to paint the hood to match.
- Stronger than the original hood pockets. Load is spread out over a much larger area.
- Usually faster delivery times. Definitely cheaper shipping cost.
- Better design. If you replace the hood, you are putting on a new hood with the same poorly-designed hood pockets that will probably break again. The Kenworth hood repair kit is a better design as it converts the point load to a large-area load.
- This kit will get your truck back on the road quickly so you can continue making money. Every day that your truck is not on the road, you are losing money. Stop losing money. Repair your hood this morning and continue making money this afternoon.
This "Kenworth W900 Hood Repair Kit" with SQUARE pockets contains:
- One pair of "Square" aluminum, hood-pocket, reinforcement plugs.
- One pair of steel reinforcement plates.
- 2 packages of PlastiFix High-Performance methacrylate adhesive. (Great for Metton!)
- All of the required nuts, bolts, rivets, washers, and screws.
Tools/Products that you will need (NOT included with the kit):
- 5/16" Drill bit
- 3/16" Drill bit
- 1/8" Drill bit
- Phillips head screwdriver
- 50 grit Roloc disk and sander
- 60-80 grit sandpaper
- Rivet gun for 3/16" inch pop rivets.
For a PDF version of these instructions, CLICK HERE.
Using 1001-4 EcoPrep plastic cleaner, clean both pockets and the surrounding area where the reinforcing plate will be attached.
THOROUGHLY HAND SAND the inside of the pockets with 60 to 80 grit sand paper to roughen the surface and remove ALL paint.
Grind the flat area where the bearing plates will be bonded with a 50 grit Roloc® disk and blow dust free. Be sure all paint is removed.
Clean the outside of the reinforcing plugs with 1001-4 Eco-Prep Plastic Cleaner.
Thoroughly grind the outside surface of the plug with a 50 grit Roloc® disk to make the aluminum receptive to PlastiFix® adhesive.
Grind the paint off of one side of the bearing plate to improve adhesion. Blow dust free. Do not clean with 1001-4 Eco-Clean. Grind only the side that contacts the hood.
Drill two 1/8" pilots holes into the hood using the plug as a guide. On the curved plug, they are located halfway up the side of the plug.
On the square plug, use the two outer-most holes on the bottom of the plug. Take care to not drill through both layers of plastic.
Spread a generous layer of 2510 PlastiFix evenly over the plug and inside the socket. Working time is 15 minutes at 68°F (20°C).
Install the plug & secure the plug into position with #10 wood screws. Wipe up excess adhesive with a gloved finger or spreader.
Using two 5/16" x 2" bolts as a guide for the matching bearing plate, drill the first 3/16" rivet hole into the hood.
With a rivet temporarily placed in the first hole as a guide, drill the remaining rivet holes. Remove the plate, bolts, and rivet.
Fill the broken-out area of the hood with adhesive, then coat the sanded side of the bearing plate with adhesive.
While pushing firmly down on the bearing plate, rivet the plate into place using the supplied 3/16” rivets, one in each hole.
Fill the gap between the plate and the plug completely with PlastiFix. Clean up excess with a gloved finger or body spreader. Let cure for 2 to 4 hours minimum at 70°F (21°C). (Maximum strength achieved in 24 hrs at room temperature.)
Re-drill the bolt holes with a 5/16” drill bit.
Install the hood brackets using the supplied 5/16" bolts, nuts, and washers. Use a flat washer under both the bolt head and lock nut. On the W900R, use the cut washer inside the plug as shown.
A job well done and ready for the road. Congratulations, you just saved a lot of time and money!
High Resolution Image (opens in a new tab/window)
kenworth w 900l UREKENW900S POLKENW900S Kenworth W900 hood repair kit, kenw900, kenwurth, hood kit, ken w900, kenworth, ken worth, ken-w900, truck, square, hood pockets, pockets, reinforcements, w-900 URAKENW900S 694687006068 B07NLJ63VF w900 video sku KENW900S URKENW900S POLKENW900S kw w900 hood repair kit metton hood repair URTKENW900S URT-KENW900S PLYKENW900S KW W-900 hood repair POL KENW900S US-KENW900S PVKENW900S KEN W-900 kenworth repair kits kenworth repair kit kenworth hoods UPC694687006068 URE-KENW900S