Plastic repair GURUS since 1981
8202 Nitro-Fuzer Nitrogen Plastic Welder, Digital, Dual Gas, with Cart
Weight: 85.00 LB
Length: 16.50 IN
Height: 17.00 IN
Width: 16.50 IN
Visa, MC, American Express, Discover, PayPal
8202 Nitro-Fuzer® Nitrogen Welding System for Plastic Repair
Polyvance's 8202 Nitro-Fuzer® plastic welding system combines new innovations with the proven features that have made Polyvance welders the industry's most popular for over a decade. It comes with everything you need to get productive right away doing the fastest, strongest plastic repairs on virtually any type of plastic. Welding with nitrogen gas creates the strongest welds possible because it eliminates oxidation of the plastic during the welding process.
Automatic Air-Nitrogen Switching
The 8202 Nitro-Fuzer® welder combines hot air and nitrogen welding capabilities for maximum versatility. This welder features digital encoders to precisely control the temperature of the nitrogen and airless welders. It also automatically switches from air to nitrogen when the torch is removed from the holster and automatically switches back to air when the torch is placed back into the holster. Precision regulators combined with a flow gauge gives you the ultimate control over how much gas is used in the welding process. A pressure sensor shuts off the power to the heating element if the nitrogen pressure drops below a safe level, reducing the likelihood of accidentally overheating the element. The integrated airless welder is used for smoothing welds and repairing thermoset polyurethane.
The system is shipped completely assembled and requires only a few minutes to set up before use. The Setup and Use video and Quick-Start Guide can be found below. The 8202 is packaged with three welding rod organizer cases filled with a large selection of welding rods, a hand seamer, and aluminum tape. It is covered by a two-year "bumper-to-bumper" warranty covering all parts except the heating elements and misuse.
- Easy-to-operate, digitally encoded temperature controls.
- Holster switch provides automatic air to nitrogen switching. Remove the torch from the holster and you are using nitrogen. Replace the torch into the holster and now it is on air.
Low-Flow Power Cutoff
- Analog flow gauge for repeatable performance every time.
- Element protection circuitry to help prevent burning out heating elements.
- Precision flow regulators on both the air and nitrogen sides.
- Compact, easy-to-handle welding torch gets into tight spots with no user fatigue.
- Quick-change hose and handle assembly.
- Easy-to-use, intuitive controls.
- Integrated airless welder control to allow for repair of thermoset PUR.
- Easily replaceable heating element.
- Heavy-duty, made-in-USA welding cart with built-in holders for heating elements and tools.
- Air manifold with auxiliary outlet for attachment of air tools.
- Integral power strip.
- Make stronger repairs than with any other method.
- Profit from repairing plastic rather than replacing it.
- Make more profit by welding rather than using two-part adhesives.
- Repair tabs, mounting holes, and slots that are impossible to repair with two-part adhesives.
- Strength: Make repairs that are stronger than any two-part epoxy or hot air weld. Plastics are melted together with no oxidation to form the strongest possible plastic weld.
- Speed: Complete repairs in a fraction of the time of two-part epoxies. Typical welding speeds are 4 inches (10 cm) to 6 inches (15 cm) per minute. No waiting for cure time. Cool with water, then sand, prime, and paint.
- Versatility: Do repairs that are not possible with two-part epoxies: Mounting tabs (thick or thin), grille bars, high-stress areas, flexible tabs, and fender liners. Plus, it's not just for automobile plastics. It can be used on ATVs, boats, motorcycles, appliances, toys, etc.
- Cost Savings: An average 6 inch (15 cm) repair costs less than $2.00. You pay that much just for the mixing tips when using two-part adhesives. The same adhesive repair can cost over $30.00!
- Ease: Repairs are simple to do. Your techs already have the skill set; with the 8202 Nitrogen Welding System, they have the tools.
- Estimating Options: Gives you more flexibility in the estimating process. Save totalled vehicles. Get an edge on the competition. A bargaining tool with insurance adjusters.
- Keep Profits in Your Shop: No need to replace bumpers, headlights, and other plastic parts. Keep labor dollars in house!
- Insurance Relations: Show you are on the side of cost savings while increasing your profits at the same time. By making a QUALITY repair you become an ally of insurance adjusters, decrease cycle times, and help steer additional work to your shop.
- Create Loyal Customers: 25% of a shop’s business is customer-pay. Save customers money on small hits and they will return to your shop with the big hits.
- Blend in the Panel: Repair the damage to the bumper and blend the color in the panel. Avoid the risks and costs involved in blending into the undamaged fenders.
- Revolutionize the Repair Process: Just as polyester filler replaced lead, and the wire-fed welder replaced brazing, the nitrogen system will replace all other types of plastic repair.
- Avoid Fit Issues: Why put on an aftermarket cover when you can easily repair the OEM part?
- Plastic Use Will Continue to Grow: The amount of plastic parts on cars will continue to grow. This means ever increasing repair opportunities in the future.
- Factory Support: Plastic is what we do at Polyvance. Since 1981, we have been the leader in product development and problem solving in the plastic repair industry. We have the proven products you need from start to finish. Plastic repair doesn't have to be difficult!
Video: 8202 Nitro-Fuzer® Setup and Use
Video: Introducing the 8000 Series Nitro-Fuzer® Welders
Included Welding Rod
Contents of Oganizer Case 1
Contents of Oganizer Case 2
Contents of Oganizer Case 3
In addition to the large selection of welding rod, you also get the following:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the amperage required for this welder?
The calculated amperage draw is 3.7 amps when everything is running full blast. The measured amperage draw is 2.9 amps when everything is running full blast.